Pajeon 파전 (Korean Green Onion Pancake)
Today's menu is called "Pajeon" or Korean Green Onion Pancake.
There are many kinds of Pajeon such as Kimchi and Seafood.
For today, we will introduce to you Haemul Pajeon or Seafood Pajeon !
Let's start off with the ingredients needed ...
1 bunch of green onion - cut in a bias
1/2 onion - thin slice
1/2 carrot - thin julienne
1/4 lb shrimp - chopped
1/4 lb bay scallops - chopped
1/4 lb clams - chopped
1/8 lb squid - chopped
(you can use any of your favorite seafood)
For Batter :
1 cup of water (3-4 tablespoon more)
1 cup of flour
2 teaspoon of soy sauce
1 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of sugar
1/2 teaspoon of dwen jang (Korean Bean Paste)
For the Dip :
3 parts of soy sauce
1 part of rice vinegar
Some chopped green onion
Now, we are ready to make some PAJEON !!!
- In a big bowl, combine all of the ingredients for batter with a whisk.
Or for your convinience, you can buy some "Korean Pancake Mix" from Korean market near your home, and add 1 cup of water with 3/4 cup (to 1 cup) mixture.
- Put all vegetables and seafood into a batter and mix well.
- In a non-stick pan, put 3-4 tablespoon vegetable oil.
- Make a pancake about 4-5 inches in diameter.
- Serve with soy dipping sauce.
- Make the pancake as thin as possible. It will tastes much better ! They make large size "Pajeon" generally in Korea.
- At home, you cut green onions in half, alternate the root part and green part in a hot non-stick pan. Pour the batter evenly on top, cook for 2-3 minutes until you can flip it. Spoon over beaten egg, flip and finish cooking. Cover the plate over the pan, turn it over, and serve.